As you already know, Filipinos love to take a lot of photos. Whether it’s a special occasion like birthdays, weddings, and travels, or even just a normal day at home, work, or school, Pinoys love to take photos of themselves and the activities they do on a regular basis more than most people in the world and here are some reasons why:
- We love to update our social media accounts and great photos are a good way to update our statuses.
- We like to document important events in our lives and remember every memory by taking photos of specific details during those events.
- We like to showcase our creativity with every pose or snap of activities we do in a day.
- We aim to be in sync with the latest fashion trends, places to eat or travel, experiences, etc.
- We love to show our family and relatives from all over the world what we’re currently enjoying and sharing that happiness, even when we’re miles away.
These are just some of the reasons why we love to do a #selfie any time of the day. And true enough, there are a lot of exciting new places to visit and take a selfie. If you happen to visit Cebu, here is a must-see place to spend at least half a day at, and that place is called Neri’s Ville Selfie Corner.
Situated in Sitio Bombil, Barangay Lusaran, Cebu City, Neri’s Ville is one of the hottest spots for selfie addicts to visit. The place boasts a lot of Instagram-worthy selfie spots that would really take your social media game to a whole new level. There, you can see some Bali, Indonesia spots and New Zealand inspired hobbit houses that would surely make you become a child at heart again. What I also love when we visited is that you can really appreciate nature and a great view of the mountains and greenery all around. The fresh air and vibrant colors you can see in each selfie spot is a great way to relax and unwind from hustles and bustles of city and a hectic life, in general.
- Entrance fee: ₱50 per person, free for children below 4 years old
- Hours Open: 8AM to 7PM, everyday
- Overnight: No overnight stay option yet
How Can I Go There?
Neri’s Ville Selfie Corner is at Sitio Bombil, Barangay Lusaran, Cebu City
Via Public Transport: From Cebu City, ride a 62B or 62C or any jeepney going to Talamban via Pit-os.
Then, stop by Pit-os Flying V gasoline station and ride a motorcycle (or habal-habal) going to Sitio Bombil in Barangay Lusaran. One-way fare per person is Fare is ₱80-100. Traveling time is around 45 minutes to an hour from Pit-os.
Via Owned Vehicle: Get directions through the Waze or Google Maps app by searching for “Lusaran Cebu City”. Also, ask locals to help get you to the location because there is not a lot of signs going to that location.
- Bring your own food/snacks and beverage. They only sell water there, although there are two food stores selling local food snacks and drinks but not a lot of variety.
- Bring a hat, shades, extra clothes, if you come during day time.
- Come with a friend or in a group so your photos will be properly taken. If you come solo, bring a good selfie stick or a camera stand to take good photos of yourself.